Date(s) - 16/12/2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Prof. Bert deGroot, Max Plank Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Germany
The molecular dynamics of potassium channel permeation, selectivity and gating
host: Parthiban Marimuthu (email@example.com)
Register latest December 15th at 12:00
Students and early-career postdocs are welcome to share a virtual cup of coffee and discuss with Prof. Bert deGroot after the seminar. This is a great possibility to learn hosting skills in friendly environment and create connections for future. Every student are welcome to join, in spite of which research group they belong to.
If you got interested, after registering to the event please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gapsys, V.; Yildirim, A.; Aldeghi, M.; Khalak, Y.; van der Spoel, D.; de Groot, B. L.: Accurate absolute free energies for ligand-protein binding based on non-equilibrium approaches. Communications Chemistry 4, 61 (2021)
Rabe von Pappenheim, F.; Aldeghi, M.; Shome, B.; Begley, T.; de Groot, B. L.; Tittmann, K.: Structural basis for antibiotic action of the B1 antivitamin 2′-methoxy-thiamine. Nature Chemical Biology 16 (11), p. 1237-1245 (2020)
Gu, R. X.; de Groot, B. L.: Lipid-protein interactions modulate the conformational equilibrium of a potassium channel. Nature Communications 11, 2162 (2020)
Gapsys, V.; Perez-Benito, L.; Aldeghi, M.; Seeliger, D.; Van Vlijmen, H.; Tresadern, G.; de Groot, B. L.: Large scale relative protein ligand binding affinities using non-equilibrium alchemy. Chemical Science 11 (4), pp. 1140 – 1152 (2020)
- All autumn 2021 Frontiers of Science seminars are arranged online as eTALKs.
- Registration is obligatory and links to register are in BioCity Turku website (https://biocityturku.fi/) and advertised in our news feed.
- For Turku affiliated people it is now possible to register to all autumn 2021 seminars in one go.
- Registration closes and zoom link is sent to participants one day before the event.
- If you are a student and later wish to get a certificate of attendance from the Frontier of Science seminars, please fill in your student number.
- If you wish to follow BioCity Turku news feed and receive up to date information about the Frontiers of Science seminars and other events, please contact email@example.com
Please note that any audio or video recording of the seminars is strictly forbidden.